Massage therapy is more than just about making you feel wonderful. It can also offer relief from pains caused by chronic and acute conditions, as well as injuries. But you need to understand that not everyone is qualified to perform it. In fact, if done incorrectly, you might end up getting injured instead of being relaxed. That’s why if you want to have the best massage experience, you need a massage therapist Toowoomba residents trust and recommend.
Conditions massage therapy can help with
The best massage therapist Toowoomba has today can help with several conditions, such as:
- Physical pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Sports injuries
- Asthma and bronchitis
- Headaches and migraines
Simple massage therapy you can do at home
It’s nice to have the best massage therapist Toowoomba has today to offer their services whenever and wherever you are, but that’s not always possible. That’s why you need to learn how to do some basic massage techniques to help relieve some of your aches and pain. Here are just some of them.
Relieve tired eyes
Close your eyes and place your thumbs under your eyebrows. Pressing gently, move your thumbs in a small circle beginning at the inside corner of each eye socket. Slowly work towards the outsides of the eyebrows. Continue this motion around your eyes until you complete a full circle. Repeat this several times.
Relax the hands
Unless you have your own personal reflexology Toowoomba expert, it would be best to know a thing or two how to relax your hands after pounding away at your keyboard for hours.
- Stretch your fingers and hands out, Rub your fingers starting from the base up to the tip. Make sure to pull and twist each finger as you go.
- Rest your hand on your lap with the palm facing upward, squeezing the fleshy part of the palm between your index finger and thumb. Move from the wrist to the base of the thumb.
- Gently knead the web between the thumb and left index finger several times.
- Applying just enough pressure, rub your palm using your right thumb in gliding strokes from your wrist to the base of each of your fingers.
- Repeat the whole process until you feel your hands start to relax.
Soothe tired foot
A reflexology Greenslopes professional would be the best person to help soothe your tired feet. But, you can do some basic massages on your own to help relieve your aching feet.
- Rub your thumb across the bottom of your feet until you find tender points.
- Hold each tender spot with medium pressure until it hurts in a good way.
- Wiggle your foot until it stops hurting.
- Repeat the same process until you’ve found all the tender points at the bottom of your foot. Do the same on the other foot until both your feet become less painful and more flexible.
At Natural Health Therapy, you can get personlised treatment plans. This way, your therapist can focus on the source of your ailment to help naturally relieve your symptoms. Plus, if you’re into energy medicine, they also have skilled and experienced energy healing Greenslopes experts to help you. Check it out at https://naturalhealththerapy.com.au/massage-therapy/toowoomba/.